Change or Reset Your Password
A guide on how to change or reset your password in Plecto.
Table of contents
Change your password
- Click on your name in the bottom-left corner.
- Click My account settings in the top-right corner.
- Click the Change password button.
- Fill out the password fields.
- Click Save in the bottom right.
Plecto will log you out and display a success message that says your account was successfully updated. Log in with your email and new password to start using Plecto again.
Reset your password
We all forget passwords sometimes. If you can't access your account because of a lost or forgotten password, please follow the steps below to reset it:
- Go to app.plecto.com/auth/password-reset.
- Enter the email that is linked to your Plecto account and click the Recover password button. Plecto will send you an email with a link to set a new password.
3. Follow the Reset password link in your email.
4. Choose a new password for your Plecto account and click Save.
Didn't receive the email?
If you haven't received an email with the reset link, make sure to check the following:
- Did you enter the correct email address?
- Look into the spam folder in your email.
Still no email? Contact your Plecto administrators – they can help you reset the password.
Reset a password for your employee
If you are a Global Admin in Plecto, you can reset your employees' passwords. You can only reset passwords for employees that have login access (you can check that in Organization > Employees).
Here's how to reset a password for someone else:
- Go to Organization > Employees > Actions > Edit.
- Click the Reset password button in the section Login Access.
- Your employee will receive an email with their login details. Please invite them to change their password immediately.
Is your organization using Single Sign-On (SSO)?
Learn more about alternative sign-in options in our article on Single Sign-On.
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.