Single Sign-On (SSO)
Learn about the single sign-on authentication in Plecto and how your organization can set up SSO with OneLogin.
Single sign-on or SSO is an authentication method that allows you to securely sign in to different apps and websites using the same set of credentials. It has considerable advantages over using a simple email and password. With SSO, you don't need to remember and enter your credentials in each system you work with - your identity provider (such as Azure, OneLogin, or JumpCloud) does it for you.
Plecto's SSO can be used with a variety of identity providers. Here's the most important information you need to know if you plan to enable SSO in your organization:
General authentication info
- If you enable SSO, this authentication method will apply to all employees in your organization.
- You can have multiple organizations that all use the same SSO provider.
- You can have multiple organizations where one uses SSO, and the others use an email and password login. If your employees have access to these organizations, they will be required to use the SSO to log in to either of them (including organizations that don't have SSO enabled).
- You can have multiple organizations that each use different SSO providers. In that case, your employees will be able to choose which of the providers to use to log in.
Passwords and SSO
- If you use SSO in Plecto, you can give your employees an extra option to use their email and password to log in. This way, you can grant access to people (guests, board members, or others) that are part of your Plecto organization but not part of your SSO provider.
To add this option, go to Organization > Employees > [Employee name] > Edit employee, enable Allow login with password, and click Save.
By joining an organization that uses SSO, you give full login control of your Plecto account to the people that manage your company's SSO service.
- Removing employee access to Plecto happens on the SSO provider's side. If removed, the employee will lose access to all organizations, even those that don't use SSO.
- The employee will not get deactivated in Plecto if their SSO access is removed (Plecto will still consider them active).
You can use different identity providers to set up SSO in Plecto. We have prepared help articles for setting up SSO with the following identity providers:
Other identity providers
Look for more help on your identity provider's help site. Here are some articles we found:
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.