This small guide will get you started on connecting your web apps with Zapier in order to share data and visualize it in Plecto.
1) In Plecto:
Important: Before you begin, you'll need to create a data source in Plecto:
- Go to 'Data management' > 'Data sources' > 'New data source'.
- Select 'Custom Input' under 'Manual data entry'.
- Write what kind of data you want to collect (e.g. Sales, Leads, Budgets).
- Design the registration box (optional). Here you can add fields to the registration box. You can add as many as you like.
- Click 'Save'.
Example on how to set up and design the data source in Plecto.
After creating the data source in Plecto, simply go to 'New data source' in Plecto.
- Select Zapier under 'Other'.
- Select the system in the list of zaps by clicking on 'Use this zap'.
2) In Zapier:
A new window will open in Zapier with a description of how this zap works. Click 'Create this Zap'.
2.1) Set up the Trigger:
- Set up the 'Trigger': Click 'Continue'.
- Connect Account.
- Follow the steps by Zapier, and click 'Fetch & Continue'.
- Choose your 'Trigger App', and follow the guide step by step described by Zapier.
2.2) Set up the Action:
- Set up the 'Action': 'Create New Registration'. Click 'Continue'.
- Connect your Plecto account.
- Set up your Plecto registration.
- Fill out the template (Integration name, User ID, User Name, Data source, External ID). Use the list option to add a dynamic text.
Please make sure that the template is filled out correctly:
- Integration Name: Make sure to always write it the same way, if you use multiple zaps from the same 3rd party system, as we use the name to group the users together.
- User ID: Employee ID, e-mail or a unique name/number of each employee.
- User Name: The name of the employee.
- External ID: A unique number for each registration, e.g. row number/ID.
- You might have to click 'Refresh Fields' to show the custom field(s) you have created in you API data source in Plecto.