Install Plecto on LG TV
A guide on how to install the Plecto TV app and connect slideshows to your LG TV.
Plecto has an app for LG TVs that is available on LG Content Store. We recommend installing the Plecto app on your LG TVs to ensure the best slideshow performance. The app is more reliable than the TV browsers and guarantees that all the features are supported. The Plecto TV app is currently available for LG and Samsung TVs.
- Open the LG Content Store on your TV.
- Type and search for Plecto in the search bar. You can also find the app in the Life category.
- Install the app and open it on your Smart TV.
You will now see Plecto's TV page. To see your slideshows, you need to activate the TV from your computer or the mobile app. Go straight to the Activate TV page in Plecto or read our help article for more information. Once you activate the TV, it will display your slideshows with increased performance compared to viewing them on the built-in browser on your TV.
You can set up a shortcut on your TV remote to easily access your Plecto slideshows by assigning an app from your TV to a button on your remote. To succeed with this configuration, the minimum version of the webOS required on your LG TV is 3.5. For more details, read the LG help guide.
Here's what to do
- Press and hold the "0" [zero] button on your TV remote. A menu will appear on your TV screen. From there, you can assign quick access to an app for each number on the remote.
- Using the cursor, select a number on your TV screen to assign the Plecto TV app. If a number is already taken, you can remove the assigned app by clicking on it.
An example of the quick access menu on an LG TV screen.
3. Select Plecto from the list of applications and TV channels.
An example of adding the Plecto TV app to LG's quick access menu.
4. To finish, exit the edit mode by clicking X in the top-right corner.
Now you can easily open your slideshows once you turn on the TV – all you need to do is hold down the shortcut button assigned to Plecto.
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.