Install the Plecto App on LG TV
A guide on how to install the Plecto TV app and connect slideshows to your LG TV.
Plecto has a TV app for LG TVs that is available on LG Content Store. We recommend installing the Plecto TV app as it displays your slideshows with increased performance compared to the built-in browsers. The app is more reliable than the TV browsers and guarantees that all the features are supported. The Plecto TV app is currently available for LG and Samsung TVs.
To install the Plecto app on your LG TV:
- Open the LG Content Store on your TV.
- Find the Plecto app in the "Life" category or search for "Plecto" in the search bar.
- Install the app and open it on your Smart TV.
- Activate the TV with a 4-digit pin or a QR code displayed on your TV screen.
The TV will now be redirected to the selected slideshow and display the dashboards and notifications with increased performance compared to viewing the slideshows on the built-in browser on your TV.
You can set up a shortcut on your TV remote to easily access your Plecto slideshows by assigning an app from your TV to a button on your remote. To succeed with this configuration, the minimum version of the webOS required on your LG TV is 3.5. For more details, read the LG help guide.
To set up a Quick Access shortcut for the Plecto TV app:
- Press and hold the "0" [zero] button on your TV remote. A menu will appear on your TV screen. From there, you can assign quick access to an app for each number on the remote.
- Using the cursor, select a number on your TV screen to assign the Plecto TV app. If a number is already taken, you can remove the assigned app by clicking on it.
An example of the quick access menu on an LG TV screen.
- Select Plecto from the list of applications and TV channels.
An example of adding the Plecto TV app to LG's quick access menu.
- To finish, exit the edit mode by clicking on "X" in the top-right corner.
Now you can easily open your slideshows once you turn on the TV. All you need to do is hold down the shortcut button assigned to Plecto to quickly access your most important KPIs.