Introduction to Slideshows
Learn about slideshows in Plecto and how to display your real-time KPIs on TVs across the office.
Plecto uses slideshows to display your KPIs on TV screens. Think of slideshows as presentations of different slides that rotate automatically throughout the day. Slideshows allow you to display all the things you've created in Plecto and more on the same TV screen.
Plecto offers 4 types of slides, and you can add as many slides to a slideshow as you like:
- Dashboard slide
- Contest slide
- YouTube video (ex.: your company's promotional video, a song, or other)
- Content from a website via URL (ex.: display the weather forecast)
Note on URL slides:
URL slides allow displaying an external website's content on a Plecto slideshow. Not all websites are supported. Therefore, make sure the website you want to add fulfills the following requirements:
- The URL starts with
https://. Http links won't work - we cannot bypass this browser security measure.
- The website can be displayed inside an "iframe." In some cases, website pages have an X-Frame-Options header that restricts where they can be displayed. To ensure that Plecto can include the page in the slideshow, it should not have the X-Frame-Options header.
Each slide has a timeline (the blue horizontal bar).
- Drag the edges of each timeline to adjust a slide's time slot. The time slot determines when the slide gets included in the slideshow. For example, if you fix the time slot between 12:00 and 20:00, Plecto will add the slide to the slideshow between these hours.
- You can also set a slide duration on each timeline. The default duration is 60 seconds, but you can choose a different duration for each individual slide. Once the time runs out, the slideshow will jump to the next slide. The slides will keep rotating for as long as the time slot allows.
- To create a slideshow, go to Visualization > Slideshows > + New slideshow.
- Add slides to your slideshow.
- Adjust the timelines and/or the slide duration in seconds (optional).
- Give your slideshow a name.
- Click "Save" in the bottom-right corner.
Once saved, you can preview the slideshow by clicking "Preview" in the top-right corner.
If some of the TV screens in your office are placed vertically, you can rotate the slideshow to accommodate the screen setup. Choose between +90, –90 or 180 degrees.