Selecting a Time Period
Learn about all the available time period options for displaying your KPIs in Plecto.
Time periods are part of most of Plecto's features. The time period options allow you to delimit a specific date range and visualize your KPIs for periods such as the current, previous, or next day, week, month, quarter, year, and more.
You can also select custom time periods, adjust the start and end dates, offset, choose a fixed time period, preview your selected time period, and so much more.
The Current time period allows you to choose between today, current week, month, quarter, year, and their respective to-date periods. If you select, for example, "Month to date," the widget will display data for the current month to the end of the current day.
Note: If you display to-date periods (for example, month to date), you can compare the time period to the last to-date period (last month to date) or the last full time period (last month).
Previous and Next
The Previous and Next time periods offer the same set of options. They allow you to choose between a day, week, month, quarter, year, or custom range.
If you select a custom range time period, you can also choose to include the data for the current time period. For example, if you display data for the previous (or next) three days, you can include data for the current day. If you select weeks, you can include the current week. The same system applies to the remaining custom range options.
The All time period allows you to select between two options:
- All time: When selected, the widget will display the entirety of your data, with no time limitations. It will include data for all your registrations from the previous, current, and future (next) time periods.
- All time to date: When selected, the widget will display your data from the very first registration to the end of the current day.
The Advanced option allows you to configure a custom time period. With Advanced, you can:
- Select a custom time period: When selecting a week, month, or year, you can choose a start date. Here you can add that your week starts on a Tuesday, a month begins on the 5th, or that a year starts on a custom date. See the video below.
- Use a custom end date: This option allows you to select a custom end date. For example, if you are leading a marketing campaign that started last month and ends in the middle of the current month, you can adjust the time period to see data for the previous 1 month to the end of the current/next week, depending on your current date.
- Select the time range: If the time period is set to the current, previous, or next day or week, this option allows you to limit the time and date range.
- Day: Limit your working hours, for example, from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Week: Adjust the range of your working days. This option can be useful if you work, for example, from Wednesday to Saturday.
- Offset the time period: The offset option allows you to reference a different time period using the currently selected time period settings. For example, if the widget displays data for the current month, you can offset the time period by - 1 year to see the data for the same month last year.
Note: You can use the "Select time range" option only when the time period is set to one day or one week. Any time periods exceeding this range as well as the use of a custom end date will disable the "Select time range" option.
The Fixed time period allows you to select a custom date range for the widget that will not change as the time progresses; this time period will be fixed.