My Numbers are not adding up on my Dashboard – what can I do?
When experiencing this scenario there's a couple of things you can check yourself to quickly solve the challenges you are experiencing.
Teams are very important in Plecto. If you are using teams on the dashboards or on the widgets, please make sure that your employees are assigned to the team(s) that are used on the dashboard/widget.
It's also a good idea to check if your employees figure twice on the employee list. If you integrate with multiple systems, we import all the active users, and with some systems, Plecto does not automatically merge them. If you have integrated multiple systems and created some employees manually, it can happen that you have the same employees twice. If so, you will have to merge them.
Data sources and data import
Is your data source up to date? When installing a data source in Plecto from one of our integrations, Plecto will import one month of data to help you get started. Therefore, if you want to have more historical data, you should do an import of all your data. The way to do this is shown below:
- Go to 'Data management' > 'Data sources'
- Find the data source from which there needs to be imported more data and click on "Settings"
- Then click 'Import more data' (as shown below in the picture)
- Select the date range, e.g. a year, and import the data.
You might also have to check which date field Plecto uses in the data source's settings. This is called "Default date used in formulas". We generally advise you to put this to the 'Created date' (this is to make sure Plecto will import your data from the 'Created date'). If you do not want to use the 'Created Date' in your formulas, you have the possibility to use a Date modifier to return data from another date field, e.g. 'Close date'.
Here is an example from Pipedrive where the default date is the created date:
When creating the formulas to e.g. count the won deals, you can tell the formula to return the results from e.g. when the deals were won, instead of using the 'Created Date'. It could e.g. look like this:
When making the formulas there are a few things you need to be aware of:
- Please make sure that your formula is referring to the correct data source
- If you are using filters, then make sure that these filters refer to the correct fields in the data source. Please note: Plecto is case sensitive which means that the filters most be spelled in the exact same way as in the data source
- You might have to add a Date modifier if you want to use another date field in the formula, than the one assigned by default when the data source was created (as seen in the above example)