Dynamic dashboards show data related to the person viewing it. Use dynamic dashboards and put in less effort while achieving more results.
What are dynamic dashboards?
Dynamic dashboards show data related to who's viewing it. Imagine you have a team of 50 people, and you want to show everyone their own KPIs; Now, instead of building 50 different dashboards, you make a single one, and it will adjust based on the viewer.
You can tell a dashboard is dynamic when it displays a filter icon in the header. The icon tells you what dashboard context you're seeing. Depending on the dashboard settings, you can change the context to team or employee.
Who can view dynamic dashboards?
Whether or not someone can view a dynamic dashboard depends on their level of permission, as well as a list of dashboard settings and their combinations.
🔸 Dashboard access based on account permission
- Global Admins – Can view anything and everything.
- Team managers (Standard permission + manager role) – Can view data for all teams and individual employees they manage (if those teams are added to the dashboard).
- Standard permission – Can view their own data or the data for their team as a whole (if the Allow employees to view their team data setting is enabled). They don't have access to other people's individual KPIs.
Filter data by teams setting
- If the filter field is empty, everyone with login access to your organization can view the dashboard.
- If the filter has teams, then only the following users can view the dashboard: Global Admins, team managers of the added teams, as well as managers of their subteams, and members of the added teams and subteams.
Limit access setting
- This setting gives dashboard access only to those teams that have been added to this field. It means that if your dashboard filters data by Team Red, and you limit access to Team Green, then only members of Team Green will be able to view the dashboard.
Dynamic dashboards and slideshows
You can now add your dynamic dashboards to slideshows! Once you do, you'll have to choose what context to display – for now, you can only select teams and not individual people.
How to create a dynamic dashboard
To create a dynamic dashboard, change its type to Dynamic dashboard in the settings. Everyone in your organization will only be able to see their own metrics. Enable the Allow employees to view their team dashboards setting to allow people switch between their own and the overall team context.
If a person doesn't have any relevant data on the dashboard, the widgets will show 0.
When you open the dashboard, you'll see a filter icon in the dashboard header. It allows you to change the data context.
Did you know?
You can switch between dashboard types and turn all of your existing dashboards to dynamic dashboards!
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.