Create Individual Dashboards for Teams and Employees
A guide on how to create dashboards that display data for specific teams or employees.
You can create dashboards in Plecto to see metrics for specific teams or employees in your organization. The easiest way to create individual dashboards is to copy an existing dashboard and change the settings of the copied dashboard to only display data for the teams you have selected.
If you already have a dashboard that displays all your KPIs, you can use it as a template to create team and employee dashboards. If you don't have a dashboard, you can learn how to build one in How to Create a Dashboard.
To create a team dashboard (for one or multiple teams), all you have to do is select in the dashboard settings the teams whose KPIs you want to see on the dashboard.
- Open a dashboard.
- Click the Settings button in the dashboard header.
- Expand the Advanced settings.
- Click inside the Filter data by teams field and select the teams whose data you want to see on the dashboard.
- Click Save to finish.
This setting will apply to all dashboard widgets. If you have admin access, you can override this setting by selecting other teams on the individual widgets.
Tip – Copy dashboards to save time
To create the same dashboard for a different team, you can copy the current dashboard and change the team settings in the new dashboard.
If you want an employee to have their own dashboard, you will have to create a team for them. It means that each employee will have their own team in Plecto, where they will be the only member. Learn more in How to Create a Team.
- Create a team. Go to Organization > Teams > + New team.
- Give the team a name (it can be the employee's name).
- Select the employee in the Employee field, then click Save.
- Open the dashboard settings and add this new team to the dashboard.
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.