How to Create a Team
A guide on how to create and manage teams in Plecto.
Only Global Admins or employees with access to Create & edit the Employees and Teams feature can create teams in their organization. Learn more in Introduction to Permissions.
How to create a team?
- Go to Organization > Teams > + New team.
- Fill out the form and click Save.
Once you save the new team, a Delete button will appear in the bottom-left corner. You can always change the team settings when you go to Organization > Teams > Edit.
An example of how it looks to create a new team in Plecto.
What are the fields in the form?
- Name. The team name will appear on dashboards, registrations, and other features where teams are used.
- Picture. The team photo will show on certain types of dashboard widgets once you group the data by teams.
- Parent. Selecting a parent team will create a team hierarchy in Plecto. All parent teams adopt the data registered by their sub-teams.
- Managers and Employees. Select the team managers and employees. Team managers have slightly more permission than employees with standard permission profile. Team managers can create registrations on behalf of their employees, access performance agreements, and more. Read more about team managers.
- Home dashboard: You can add a home dashboard to link this team to a specific dashboard in Plecto. Read more in Introduction to Teams.
- Home slideshows: Adding home slideshows makes it easier to send notifications to specific teams and gives team managers access to activate their teams' slideshows on TVs.
- Online registration boxes: This option allows you to add registration boxes to the front page in Plecto to make data entry easier.
What are online registration boxes?
If your team works with manual data sources, you can help them create registrations faster by adding online registration boxes on the front page. Doing so, you also enable employees with standard permission profile to create registrations without them gaining access to the data sources.
An example of an online registration box called "Deals" on an organization's front page.
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.