How to Create a Team
A guide on how to create and manage teams in Plecto.
Create a team
Teams in Plecto can be created and managed by employees with admin access. To create a team, go to Organization > Teams > + New team and fill out the following information.
An example of how it looks to create a new team in Plecto.
- Name: Give the team a name. It will appear on dashboards, registrations, and other features where teams are used.
- Picture: You can upload a team photo. The photo will show on certain types of dashboard widgets once you group the data by teams.
- Parent: Selecting a parent team will create a team hierarchy in Plecto. All parent teams adopt the data registered by their sub-teams.
- Managers and Employees: Select the team managers and employees. Team managers have slightly more permission than employees with standard permission profile. Team managers can create registrations on behalf of their employees, access performance agreements, and more. Read more in Permissions.
- Home dashboard: You can add a home dashboard to link this team to a specific dashboard in Plecto. Read more in Introduction to Teams.
- Home slideshows: Adding home slideshows makes it easier to send notifications to specific teams and gives team managers access to activate their teams' slideshows on TVs.
- Online registration boxes: This option allows you to add registration boxes to the front page in Plecto to make data entry easier.
Once you save the new team, a "Delete" button will appear in the bottom-left corner. You can always delete teams by going to Organization > Teams > Edit.
Online registration boxes
If your team works with manual data sources, you can help them create registrations faster by adding online registration boxes on the front page. By doing so, you also enable employees with standard permission profile to create registrations without them gaining access to the data sources.
An example of an online registration box called "Deals" on an organization's front page.