How to Create a Permission Profile
A guide on how to create and edit permission profiles in Plecto.
Permission and subscription requirements
To create and manage permission profiles, you need to be subscribed to Plecto's Large or Enterprise plan and have full admin access. Visit our pricing page for more information.
How to create a permission profile
- Go to Organization > Permissions > + New permission profile.
- Give the permission profile a title (required) and description (optional).
- You can choose to set this as the default profile, which means that Plecto will automatically assign all new employees to it.
- Select the permission profile options. Read the section below to learn more about the options.
- Click Save in the bottom-right corner to finish.
Permission profile options
Plecto offers many different permission options that you can freely configure based on your needs. Keep in mind that some permissions are included in others.
- View non-restricted: Permissions in this column give access to see all objects that are not limited to specific teams or employees.
- View all: The permission options in this column give access to view all objects in Plecto, including objects with limited access (available to specific teams or employees).
- Create & edit: This column gives access to create and edit all objects within a feature.
- Delete all: Enabling options in this column gives access to create, edit and delete all objects, including objects with limited access. On some features, it also enables the "View all" permission.
- Full: Gives full access to a feature.
How to copy a permission profile
- Open Organization > Permissions.
- Decide which permission profile you want to copy, then click Actions > Copy to new on the right. Plecto will open a copy of the original permission profile (it's not saved yet).
- Give the profile a different title, description, and adjust the permission.
- To finish, click Save in the bottom-right corner.
How to delete a permission profile
You can only delete custom permission profiles and only no employees are assigned to them. The built-in profiles cannot be edited or deleted. Here's how to delete a permission profile:
- Go to Organization > Permissions and open a permission profile.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click Delete, then Confirm delete to remove the permission profile from your organization.
Deleting a custom profile that is also default
If you attempt to delete a custom permission profile that is also the default profile in your organization, Plecto will set Standard as the new default profile.
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.