Creating a Permission Profile
A guide on how to create and edit permission profiles in Plecto.
How to create a permission profile
To create and manage permission profiles, you need to have full admin access to Plecto.
- Go to Organization > Permissions > + New permission profile.
- Give the permission profile a title (required) and description (optional).
- You can choose to set this as the default profile, which means that Plecto will automatically assign all new employees to it.
- Select the permission profile options. Read the section below to learn more about the options.
- To finish and create the permission profile, click "Save."
Permission profile options
Plecto offers many different permission options that you can freely configure based on your needs.
This image displays the Standard permission profile settings.
- View non-restricted: Permissions in this column give access to see all objects that are not limited to specific teams or employees.
- View all: The permission options in this column give access to view all objects in Plecto, including those that are limited to specific teams or employees.
- Create & edit: If you enable any of the feature permissions in this column, it will give access to view, create, and edit all objects.
- Delete all: Enabling options in this column gives access to view, create, edit, and delete all objects.
- Full: Gives full access to work with a feature.
Be aware: Some permissions are included in others. For example, if you give permission to edit notifications, it will enable the formula viewing access.
Copying a permission profile
Open Organization > Permissions. Hover over a permission profile, then click on the "Actions" button on the right and choose "Copy to new." Plecto will open a copy of the original permission profile. Change the new profile's title, adjust the options to your liking, then click "Save" in the bottom right.
Deleting a permission profile
You can only delete custom permission profiles and only if there are no employees assigned to them. The built-in profiles cannot be edited or deleted. To delete a permission profile, go to Organization > Permissions and open a permission profile. Scroll down, and you will see the "Delete" button is in the bottom left.
Be aware: If you attempt to delete a custom permission profile that is also the default profile in your organization, Plecto will set Standard as the new default profile.