Introduction to Employees
Learn about employees and how to manage them in your Plecto organization.
Each data point in Plecto links to an employee or team, and therefore, employees are the core part of our system. Employees can have different access rights in the organization, depending on their permission when working with Plecto. The most simple organization has four levels of employee permission:
- Global Admin: Employees with this permission profile have full access to all features.
- Standard: Employees with permission profile "Standard" have view-only access to non-restricted objects. It means that they can see all objects that are not limited to specific teams or employees.
- Team managers: Team managers get elevated privileges. For example, an employee with permission profile "Standard" who is also a manager can edit their teams' dashboards, access performance agreements, and more. They cannot access data sources and formulas.
- Employees without login access: These employees are usually managed by an external data supplier such as Pipedrive or Podio, and they don't have login access to Plecto.
In Plecto, you can create employees manually, invite employees from a different organization, or import them from external systems through our integrations. To create a new employee or invite an existing one, do the following:
- Go to Organization > Employees > + New employee.
- Basic information: Fill in the information about your employee. If they have a manager, select the manager in this section.
- Teams: If the employee is a member or manager of any teams in your organization, feel free to add this information here.
- Login access: Decide what kind of access you'd like the employee to have.
- If you select "Give login access," you will have to provide the employee's email address and select a permission profile. The employee will receive an invitation to join Plecto and set their password. Once they log in, they will be able to access Plecto within their assigned permission. If you invite employees from a different organization, make sure to invite them through the same email address they use in the other organization.
- If you deselect the "Give login access" option, you will create an employee who has no access to Plecto. Admins and managers have to create registrations on behalf of this profile.
- To finish and create the employee, click "Save" in the bottom-right corner.
If you have duplicate employee profiles in your organization, you can merge them. The duplication usually occurs if you integrate with multiple systems that use the same employees. Read the full article.
- To merge employees, go to Organization > Employees in Plecto. You will see a list of employee names and an "Actions" button on the right of each name.
- Choose the employee profile you want to keep (the other profile will be merged), click on the "Actions" menu and select "Merge with another employee."
- Now choose the duplicate profile from the drop-down list. The profile you select under "Merge with" will merge into the employee profile you see at the top of the "Merge employee" page.
- To finish, click "Merge" in the bottom-right corner.
When merging employees, you should always merge the profile with lower permission (for example, only login access) into the one with higher permission (for example, admin access). This way, you will ensure that the employee does not lose access after their profiles merge.
Be aware: The employee profile you select from the drop-down list will be deleted, and all of their teams and registrations will be assigned to the employee whose name and avatar you see at the top. This action cannot be undone.
You can add or change an employee's employment period on their employee page. After the employment end date, the employee will lose access to Plecto, and their data will be depersonalized.
- Go to Organization > Employees > [Employee Name] > Edit employee.
- Click on "Change employment period" in the top-right of the page.
- Here you can adjust the employment start and end dates.
- To finish, click "Save."
When the employment period ends, the employee will be pseudonymized to "Former Employee 000000." The employee will no longer appear on the employee list, and you will not be able to search them by pseudonym.
To see the deactivated employees, go to Organization > Employees, then select the "Show deactivated employees" box and click on the "Search" button. The deactivated employees will appear on the list with their names crossed out.
You can deactivate an employee profile once they leave your organization. Deactivated employees will no longer be able to log in to Plecto. You cannot delete an employee profile but only deactivate it. This is primarily done not to lose the data associated with the employee. Read the full article.
Since Plecto doesn't delete employees, there is a possibility to reactivate deactivated employee profiles. All it takes are six simple steps. Read the full article.
To remove an employee's login access, go to Organization > Employees > [Employee Name] > Edit employee. From there, click on the "Remove login access" button. Once you confirm the action, the employee will permanently lose login access to the organization. However, all of their data and registrations will still exist as before.