How to Change an Employee's Email Address
Learn how to change another employee's email address in your organization.
There is a workaround for how to change another employee's email address in Plecto. To do so, you need to be a Global Admin or have full permission to the Employees and Teams feature.
If you are logged into Plecto, you can change an employee's email address by removing their login access and inviting them back to Plecto with a different email.
Important! If you remove somebody's login access and invite them back with a different email, they will be assigned to your organization's default permission profile once they log back in. If the employee is a technical or legal contact, you'll have to go to Organization > Settings and add them once more.
- Go to Organization > Employees.
- Click on Actions > Edit on the right in the employee row.
- Find the section "Login Access" and click on the "Remove login access" button. Plecto will refresh the page, and you will see a confirmation message.
The employee currently has Global Admin permission. Once you remove access and invite them with a different email, they will be assigned to your organization's default permission profile.
4. Now go to the same "Login Access" section and enter the new email address of your employee.
5. Click "Invite to Plecto."
Type in a different email address and invite the employee back to your organization.
6. You will see in the employee profile that they now have regained login access to Plecto. Their permission profile has changed to your organization's default permission profile. If necessary, select a different permission profile and click "Save" in the bottom-right corner.
7. Your employee will receive an email with a link to create a new password.
The employee can rejoin your organization by following the instructions in the email.
You removed the employee's login access and want to invite them back with a different email. Are you getting an error message that says: "A user with this email is already part of your organization"? It means that another employee profile is already using this email.
What you can do is merge both profiles, that way transferring all the employee data (including email, teams, and permission profile) to one employee profile.
- Go to Organization > Employees. You will see a list of employee names and an "Actions" button on the right of each them.
- Find the employee profile whose login access you just removed and click Actions > Merge with another employee.
- Click in the "Merge with" field and start typing the email address Plecto said was already in use. Select the employee profile that matches the email address.
- Click "Merge." The profile you select under "Merge with" will merge into the employee profile you see at the top of the "Merge employee" page.
- Go to your account settings by clicking on your name in the bottom-left corner in Plecto.
- Replace your current email with a new address in the "Email address" field.
- Click "Save."