How to Create a One-on-One Template
A guide on how to create a one-on-one template in Plecto. Add different sections to your template with questions, KPIs, targets, and more.
Only employees with team manager access can create and edit one-on-ones and access the one-on-one templates. If you manage a team in your company but cannot access the feature in Plecto, contact the admins in your Plecto organization to give you team manager access.
One-on-ones are based on templates – each template consists of different sections with questions, KPIs, targets, or other things you would like to discuss during the meeting with your employee. Team managers decide what to include in the template and how to organize it.
The templates help you lead meetings, take notes, keep track of the previous discussions, and more. You can create, edit, and reorganize the sections in each template however you see fit.
- Go to Coaching > One-on-one templates > + New template.
- Add a template title, such as Monthly meeting, Personal development, or others.
- Click + Add section to start building your template. You can add as many sections to the template as you see fit.
- Fill out the sections by adding feedback questions, KPI reviews, or anything else that you want to discuss with the employee.
- Click Save.
Here's a breakdown of all the section items:
- Title: The section title can be a question, a section description, or anything else that you're about to discuss in that section.
- Description: Adding description is optional, but it can help you build a better structure for your conversation.
- Allow notes: If enabled, you'll be able to write down the meeting notes, such as employee responses or comments.
- Allow rating: If enabled, your employee will have to give a 1-5 rating of their experience.
- Order: The number in this field determines the order in which the sections appear in the template. Section with an order number 1 will appear above a section with order number 2.
- Tracked KPI: You can choose a formula that tracks numeric values, for example, the number of calls.
- Target KPI: If you add a target, you will see how the tracked KPI compares to the target. This field also only supports formulas with numeric values.
- Time period: Choose the time period, and you will see the tracked and target KPIs for the current and previous time periods.
The section example and image below illustrate how a section is shown in the one-on-one.
- Title: How are you feeling?
- Description: Can you give a recent highlight of something good that's happened to you both professionally and personally?
- Allow notes: enabled
- Allow rating: enabled
- Order: 1
- Tracked KPI: Number of Deals Won
- Target KPI: Target - Won Deals
- Time period: Current month
An example of a one-on-one draft where all the section items are added.
Note on Tracked and Target KPIs
Once you send the one-on-one for approval, the KPI values will "freeze" – they won't change in the one-on-one even if your employee makes ten more sales before they approve it. It ensures that the information in your one-on-one is relevant to the time you had the meeting with your employee.
Your existing one-on-ones will not change. If you modify a template, all new one-on-ones will use the updated template, and all existing one-on-ones will keep their original templates. The same applies if you delete a template.