Introduction to Reports
Create a complete overview of your business metrics with reports. Export directly or receive reports on your email at a scheduled time. Everything updates in real time.
Table of contents
Permission and subscription requirements
Only Global Admins and employees with access to the Reports feature can create and manage reports in Plecto. Learn more in Introduction to Permissions. In addition, you need to be subscribed to Plecto’s Large or Enterprise plan to use reports. Go to our Pricing page to learn more.
What are reports?
Reports allow you to create a detailed overview of your business metrics. They are easy to set up, and you can visualize your data on different widgets, export your metrics as spreadsheets or presentations, and much more. Navigate to Visualization > Reports in Plecto to create and manage your reports.
An example of a pie chart displaying the number of deals by stage over the year-to-date (YTD) time period.
Just like Plecto dashboards, our reports are built with widgets. Plecto offers 8 different report widgets so that you can extract very specific business metrics. Each of the widgets is highly customizable. Here's the list of report widgets we currently offer:
💡 Since all formulas in Plecto are reusable, you can use the same formulas in reports as on your dashboards. Whenever your data changes, everything will update automatically.
An example of a column chart displaying Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) compared to the previous month.
When you create a report, you can choose to limit the viewing access. You can also change the viewing access of an existing report.
- Go to Visualization > Reports.
- Either create a new report or open an existing one and click Edit report in the top-right corner.
- From there, you can enable viewing access to everyone, admins, or admins plus specific teams.
An example of the viewing access set to Available for everyone.
Edit, duplicate, and more
Once created, you can edit, archive, duplicate, or delete your reports.
- Go to Visualization > Reports and click the Actions button on the right. From there, you can:
- Archive – Plecto will transfer your report to the archive. You can see the list of archived reports in the Archived reports tab.
- Duplicate – Plecto will instantly open a copy of your report in the same browser tab.
- Delete – Plecto will ask you to confirm the deletion process, as this action cannot be undone.
An example of a list of reports and their settings in Plecto.
Export your reports
Export the reports as Excel or PowerPoint files or schedule a live export that will automatically generate spreadsheets and presentations to keep you updated about your most important business metrics. Learn more in Export a Report.
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.