How to Export a Report
Learn how to export your reports from Plecto. Schedule the export and receive reports in spreadsheet and presentation format on your email.
Permission and subscription requirements
Only Global Admins or employees with access to the Reports feature can create and manage reports in Plecto. Learn more in Introduction to Permissions. In addition, you need to be subscribed to Plecto’s Large or Enterprise plan to use reports. Go to our Pricing page to learn more.
- Go to Visualization > Reports and open the report you want to export.
- Click on the "Export" button in the top-right corner.
- Select file format:
PowerPoint (.pptx): This format exports all widgets as native charts and graphs in the presentation.
PowerPoint as images (.pptx): Exports all widgets as images in the presentation.
Excel (.xlsx): Exports an Excel spreadsheet.
- Plecto will generate the report and download it on your local device.
If you pin a drilldown to the table widget, you will see it in your PowerPoint export. There is a limit of 10 drilldown rows when exporting a report – we just want to make sure your reports are readable since we wouldn't fit hundreds of employees in one slide.
Schedule an export and receive automatic emails with your report in both file formats (.xlsx and .pptx).
- Go to Visualization > Reports and open the report that you want to schedule for export.
- Click on the "Schedule Export" button in the top-right corner.
- Select recipients. All recipients will get the scheduled reports in their email. Only employees with login access to Plecto are listed.
- Choose how to export the widgets in PowerPoint - as native charts or images.
- Choose a schedule. You can choose between a daily, weekly, or monthly export. If you already have scheduled an automatic export and want to stop it, select never.
- To finish, click "Save."
Once your report has been scheduled for export, you will see a green "Live" indicator in the "Schedule Export" button.
To see the list of all scheduled reports, go to Visualization > Reports and click on the “Live scheduled reports” tab.
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.