How to Export a Report
Learn how to export your reports from Plecto. Schedule the export and receive reports in spreadsheet and presentation format on your email.
Table of contents
Permission and subscription requirements
Only Global Admins and employees with access to the Reports feature can create and manage reports in Plecto. Learn more in Introduction to Permissions. In addition, you need to be subscribed to Plecto’s Large or Enterprise plan to use reports. Go to our Pricing page to learn more.
Export a report
- Go to Visualization > Reports and open the report you want to export.
- Click Export in the top-right corner.
- Select file format.
PowerPoint (.pptx) – This format exports all widgets as PowerPoint charts and graphs in the presentation.
PowerPoint as images (.pptx) – Exports all widgets as images in the presentation.
Excel (.xlsx) – Exports an Excel spreadsheet.
- Plecto will generate the report and download it on your local device.
Can't see the table drilldown list in the presentation?
You need to pin a drilldown in the table widget (click the little pin icon in the column) if you want to see the list in your presentation. There's a limit of 10 drilldown rows when exporting a report – we just want to make sure your reports are readable since we couldn't fit hundreds of employees in one slide.
Schedule an export
Schedule an export and receive automatic emails with your report in both file formats (.xlsx and .pptx).
- Go to Visualization > Reports and open the report that you want to schedule for export.
- Click Schedule Export in the top-right corner.
- Select your recipients. You can mix and match between three options:
- Employees – Choose individual employees from your organization (only people with login access to Plecto are listed).
- Teams – Select teams that will receive the scheduled report on their email. You can select both the parent- and their sub-teams.
- External emails – Send scheduled reports to people outside of your organization
- Choose how to export the widgets in PowerPoint – as native charts or images.
- Choose a schedule. You can choose between hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly export. If you already have scheduled an automatic export and want to stop it, select never.
- Click Save to finish.
Once your report has been scheduled, you will see a green Live indicator at the top of the page.
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.