Export a Report
How to generate spreadsheets and presentations based on reports created in Plecto.
Generate Excel spreadsheets or PowerPoint presentations from your Plecto reports. You can also schedule the export to receive your reports automatically.
To export a report, go to Visualization > Reports and open the report you want to export. Click on the “Export” button in the upper-right corner and select the file format:
- PowerPoint (.pptx): This format exports all widgets as native charts and graphs in the presentation.
- PowerPoint as images (.pptx): Exports all widgets as images in the presentation.
- Excel (.xlsx): Exports an Excel spreadsheet.
Plecto will generate the report, and you will receive an email with a download link. All exports are sent to the employee whose email address is provided in the account settings. To see the email address, click on the employee name in the bottom-left corner in Plecto.
If you are logged in to your Plecto account and have permission to download the exported report, a file will save on your local device once you follow the download link.
Be aware: Only the employee who created the export can download it. Exporting reports this way is designed to ensure maximum security of your data.
An example of how to generate an export.
It is possible to set up a scheduled export to receive live reports on your email. It means that you will automatically receive an export of your Plecto report in both formats, Excel (.xlsx) and PowerPoint (.pptx), based on the schedule you select. To schedule an automatic export of your report:
- Go to Visualization > Reports and open the report for which you want to schedule the export.
- Click on the “Schedule Export” button in the upper-right corner.
- Select recipients that will receive the exported report.
- Choose how you want to export the widgets in PowerPoint - as native charts or images.
- Choose a schedule. You can choose between a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule. If you already have scheduled an automatic export and want to stop it, select never.
- To finish, click “Save.”
An example of scheduling a monthly export that will send out reports on the first day of the month at 9:30 am.
Be aware: The recipients must have login access to Plecto to be able to receive the scheduled reports.
Once your report has been selected for scheduled export, you will see a green “Live” indicator in the “Scheduled Export” button in the upper-right corner of your report.
An example of the green indicator “Live” that shows a report is scheduled for automatic export.
To see the list of all live scheduled reports, go to Visualization > Reports and click on the “Live scheduled reports” tab.
An example of a list of reports scheduled for automatic export.