A description of Plecto's licensing system and how many licenses you should include in your subscription.
Plecto's subscription plans are license-based, which means that you should regularly be adjusting the amount of licenses included in your subscription based on how many employees you are tracking.
You should have the same amount of licenses as the maximum amount of employees you are tracking data for on a single day during the current month.
Plecto will not automatically adjust the amount of licenses included in your subscription. We trust that you do this yourself depending on your requirements.
There is a minimum amount of required licenses depending on your subscription plan. Please contact our sales team for more information.
A tracked employee should be considered an employee that is the member of a registration in Plecto:
For the registration shown in the example above, the employee "Curtis Miller" will count as one tracked employee at the date of the registration: "2019-10-21". If you are tracking five other employees at the same day, then you would need six licenses in total.
Please note: Marketing, financial and development data only requires one license each. All data would automatically be assigned to a single employee named "Marketing", "E-conomic", "Gitlab" etc.
Please see the bottom of the article for more examples of tracking employees and licenses.
How many employees are you tracking right now?
You can always view the maximum amount of employees you have been tracking at one day during the current month or last month. This is found on the "Settings and billing"-page, which is located under "Organization" in the sidebar.
The amount of tracked employees for the current month and last month is shown under the "Security, usage & limits"-section.
The amount of employees tracked for the current month should always be the same as the amount of licenses included in your subscription.
Be aware that a warning message will be shown if the amount of employees tracked for the current month exceeds the amount of licenses included in your subscription. Read more.
Examples of tracking employees and licenses:
- You have five agents that you are tracking calls for every day.
- This would require five licenses.
- You have a team of 10 agents that you would like to track data for. Only five agents are at work every day, so they would never dial more than five agents every day.
- This would require five licenses as you would track a maximum of five employees per day.
- This also means that you can track all 10 agents on the "same" five licenses, as you are only tracking five agents every day at maximum.
- You have a team of five agents that are sending data to Plecto every day and two administrators that aren't sending any data to Plecto.
- This would require five licenses as you do not need a license for users or administrators that are not being tracked in Plecto.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I change the amount of licenses included in my subscription?
- Please view this help article that describes how to update your subscription.
- How do I remove the warning message that prompts me to increase the amount of licenses in my subscription?
- This can be done by increasing the amount of licenses included in your subscription to the amount of licenses you are currently tracking in Plecto.
- Please contact our support team for additional assistance with this.
- Where can I see the price of each license and my current subscription?
- Do I have to buy a license for employees that are only viewing my dashboards?
- Employees with login access and administrators are free of charge, provided that they are not being tracked in any data source, which means that they should not be associated with any data in Plecto.
- You should only purchase licenses for the employees you wish to track on your dashboards and reports.