How to Copy Formulas
A guide on how to copy formulas in Plecto.
Creating copies of existing formulas allows you to save time and build new KPIs easier. The copied formula is separate from the original, and any changes made in one will not affect the other. Therefore, please make sure to update your dashboard widgets to see metrics from the newly copied formulas.
Tip: You can also use this feature to test what happens if you change the original formula.
Here's how to copy a formula:
- Go to KPI management > Formulas and open your formula.
- Click on the arrow next to the "Actions" button in the top-right corner.
- Click "Copy to new." The page will reload and now say "[Formula title] (copy)" in the top-left corner.
- Give your new formula a title and modify it according to your needs.
- To finish, click "Save" in the bottom right.