How to Copy Formulas
A guide on how to copy formulas in Plecto.
Save time and create new formulas easier by making copies of your existing ones. A copied formula is separate from the original, and any changes made in one will not affect the other. Just make sure to update your dashboard widgets if you want to visualize your metrics with the new, copied formulas.
Here's how to copy a formula:
- Go to KPI management > Formulas and open a formula.
- Find the Actions button in the top-right corner and click the arrow next to it.
- Click Copy to new. The page will reload, and you will see the formula title with (copy) appended to it. This is the copied formula, but it's not saved yet.
- Modify the formula according to your needs.
- To finish, click Save in the bottom right.
Tip – Copy formulas to test changes
You can also make copies of formulas to test what happens if you make any changes. This way, you will avoid compromising the original formula.
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.