A guide on how to connect Plecto with Philips Hue, and create smart lightening when your employees are performing or reaching a goal.
By connecting Plecto with Phillips Hue you can create a sparkling experience for your employees when they perform well or reach a target.
Let's say you want to see flashing lights when one of your sales reps reach a certain target. By creating a notification with Philips Hue lights, you can flash smart lightening when the notification triggers.
Currently you can do the following with our IOT Phillips Hue Integration:
- Permanently change the color of a light.
- Flash a light in a color.
The Philips Hue Bridge
How to set up the Philips Hue:
Before setting up the Philips Hue, you'll need the Plecto IOT box to connect your local network with Plecto.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want a box. It is currently a beta feature and there is a small one-time fee to receive the IOT box.
When you have the Plecto device please follow the following steps:
- Connect to power and plug in the Plecto IOT device to the network.
- Connect to power and plug in the Philips Hue Bridge to the same network as the Plecto device.
- Press the power button on the Hue.
- Go to app.plecto.com, and go to 'Gamifications' > 'Notifications' > Select 'Flash Philips Hue light' in the bottom of the page:
- When clicking on the 'Flash Philips hue light' button, a settings box will appear. Click on the refresh icon
- Now, click on the button on top of your Hue bridge within 30 seconds!
- A drop down will appear, and you'll be able to select the Hue device.
See our article on how to set up notifications here.