Customize your "win" notification and broadcast success.
Whether it be ringing a bell, a pat on the back or a simple passing smile in the hallway, all companies celebrate success in some way. With Plecto, you can broadcast recent success in real time through customizable push notifications. Automate notifications to pop-up after every sale, positive customer review or other “win” situations.
Recognizing members of your team for succeeding helps ensure they’ll continue to succeed and compels others to do the same.
Here is how to do it:
- Go to 'Gamification' > 'Notifications' > 'New notification'.
- Choose what the notification should be based on. You can choose between 'A new or updated registration' and 'The result of a formula'.
A new or updated registration:
You can use this function if you want the result to be based on a single registration, e.g. a new booked meeting:
- Select 'A new or updated registration', and select your data source in the dropdown menu.
- Choose what should happen when the notification triggers.
- Fill out the settings box.
NB. Remember to choose 'Destination slideshow'.
This video shows how to create a notification that will trigger whenever an employee books a new meeting.
The result of a formula:
You can use this function if you want the result to be based on e.g. a sum (sum of deals, sum of target).
Let's say you want the notification to trigger when a sales rep or a team has reached a total value of $1000:
- Select 'The result of a formula', and select your formula in the dropdown menu.
- Create a filter: Formula result should be greater than 999.
- Limit the notification to trigger once per day, week or month.
If you work with monthly based sales, it is a good idea to limit the notification to once per month. The notification will then trigger once as the value has been reached, and next month it will reset.
This video shows how to create a notification that will trigger whenever a team reaches a total sum of $1000.
Currently you can select between the following things to happen when the notification triggers:
- Play a sound on a slideshow
- Show some text on a slideshow
- Show the user on a slideshow
- Play the user's personal video
- Play a Youtube video
- Send a push notification
- Send an e-mail
- Flash Philips Hue light
- Play alarm on Sonos speaker
- Send a Slack notification
Important information about the notification trigger:
If the 'Default date used in formulas' is a date without time (00:00:00), the notification will trigger for future events, i.e. the day after creation. This means, in other words, that your notification will not trigger on the day of creation but it will start trigging the day(s) after, if the filter conditions are met.
You can set the default date used in formulas in the settings of each data source.
Please check this article that will help you troubleshoot.