Here is a step-by-step guide to changing the e-mail of an employee without an admin access.
When you are logged into Plecto
If the you are already logged into Plecto, and wish to change the email of your account, you can do this very easily.
- Locate the profile page in the lower left hand corner, or through this link.
- Here you will see the field "E-mail address", which will display your current e-mail address. Change your email address and click on save. Your email address will be updated instantly.
If you cannot access your account
If you cannot access your account due to forgotten password, please follow these steps:
- Go to this link, where you will be asked to type in your existing e-mail address, and reset your password. The email address you provide should be the one linked to your Plecto account.
- After doing this, you will receive an email with a link to the page from where you can reset your password.
- When this is done, you have to log into app.plecto.com. Then you should follow the steps described above.
If you signed up with the wrong e-mail address
Please contact your Plecto account administrator, if you are not able to access your account because you signed up with a wrong email address.
The administrator should follow the two steps described below.
1. Resetting the e-mail address
- Locate the employee in the employee overview.
- Click the "Actions"-button to the right of the employee's name.
- Click on "Edit" and you will be redirected to the employee editing page.
- Scroll down the page until you see the "Access"-section of the editing page.
- Click on "Remove login access"-button to remove the login access that is linked to the e-mail address of the employee.
- Click on the "Invite to Plecto" button to invite the employee to Plecto again after typing in the correct e-mail address.
2. Resetting your password and login with your new e-mail address
- After you have been invited to Plecto once again, you will receive an e-mail with login credentials - both showing the new e-mail address and a password.
- Login to Plecto with the login credentials and change your password by going to account settings.
Note: If the e-mail only contains a link to join Plecto, and not a password and e-mail, you should reset your password, login, and then click the link in the e-mail.
Please reach out to our support if you have any questions during this process; either by click the chat-icon in the bottom right hand corner, og by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.