Set up SSO for Plecto and Google
Use your Google account to sign in to Plecto. This guide will show you how to set up single sign-on authentication in Plecto using Google as your identity provider.
Permission and subscription requirements
SSO is available for businesses subscribed to Plecto's Enterprise plan. Visit our pricing page or contact us to learn more. In addition, you need to be a Super Administrator in your Google account and have the Global Admin permission in Plecto to set up SSO in your organization.
- Sign in to Plecto, then navigate to Organization > Settings.
- Find the Single Sign-On section and click Enable SSO. You will see an ACS URL and an EntityID, which you'll have to use shortly. Keep this tab open.
In the Plecto browser tab, fill out the following details:
- Provide SAML settings: Manually
- SAML login URL: Insert the SAML URL from the Plecto app in your Google Admin Console.
- SAML certificate: Insert the SAML certificate from the Plecto app in your Google Admin Console.
- Allow SAML provisioning (optional): If enabled, employees with access to SSO will automatically be created when trying to log in to Plecto.
- Click Save in the bottom-right corner to finish.
In a separate browser tab, open your Google Admin Console.
- Go to Security > Authentication > SSO with Google as SAML IdP and make sure you have a certificate you can use. Otherwise, click Add certificate to add a new certificate.
- Next, navigate to Apps > Web and mobile apps, then click Add App > Add custom SAML app.
- Fill out the app details, then click Continue.
- Fill out the required service provider details:
- ACS URL and Entity ID: Open your Plecto tab and copy both URLs from Plecto to the required fields in Google. Both URLs have to start with https://
- Name ID format: EMAIL
- Name ID: Basic information > Primary email
- Click Continue.
- Don't add any Attributes.
- Click Finish.
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.