From the very beginning, Plecto has been very focused on security. We have taken a number of initiatives to improve security - most importantly:
- Only the absolute required staff from Plecto has access to customer data
- Customer data and metadata is stored separately - this is best practice and the way most governments store social security numbers safely
- All of our databases are encrypted
- We run in some of the most secure datacenters in the world - Amazon's datacenter in Ireland
Do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the security of our platform.
If you want to report a security incident, please send it to email@example.com and encrypt it with the GPG key found at https://keybase.io/oellegaard.
Plecto's IP addresses
Plecto always fetch data using these four public IP addresses. If you're using SQL Import you should configure your firewall to only allow traffic from these sources:
About SQL Imports
If you have a 'SQL import' data source in Plecto, please make sure you have the following:
1) Read-only access to the tables, as you query in your SQL statement.
2) White list our public IP addresses.
3) You have limited your SQL statement to only contain the newest necessary data.