Pricing and Licenses
A description of Plecto's licensing system and how many licenses you should include in your subscription.
Plecto's subscription plans are license-based. It means that you should regularly adjust the number of licenses included in your subscription, the number depending on your requirements, and how many employees you want to track. You should have the same number of licenses as the highest number of active employees you have tracked on a single day during the month.
For example, you have tracked data for 8 active employees on a given day, 14 employees on another day, and 10 employees on the third day. If 14 ends up being the highest number of tracked employees for that month, you need to purchase 14 licenses.
An example of the list of all employees that have been tracked during the month.
Each subscription plan has a minimum number of required licenses. Please contact our Sales team for more information.
Be aware: You have to manually change the number of licences you are using. This will not automatically adjust when you change the number of tracked employees.
A warning message will be shown if the number of employees tracked for the current month exceeds the number of licenses included in your subscription.
A tracked employee is the employee who is linked to a registration in one of your data sources in Plecto. This employee can be seen as the "owner" of the registration.
An example of five different employees linked to eight registrations in a data source.
In the example mentioned above, the employee Stephen Flores will count as one tracked employee for his registration created on April 29, 2021. If you are tracking, for example, four other employees on the same day, you would need five licenses in total.
Note: Marketing, finance, and development data only require one license each. A single employee named 'Marketing', 'E-conomic', 'GitLab', etc. would automatically be assigned all the data.
Examples of licenses and employee tracking
- You have 10 employees that you are tracking data for every day.
- This requires 10 licenses.
- You have a team of 15 call agents for whom you would like to track data. Only 10 agents are at work on a single day.
- This requires 10 licenses, as you are tracking a maximum of 10 employees per day. It also means that you can track all 15 agents on the same 10 licenses since you are tracking data for only 10 call agents on a single day.
- You have a team of 20 employees that are sending data to Plecto every day, and 5 administrators that aren't sending any data to Plecto.
- This requires 20 licenses, as you do not need a license for users or admins that are not being tracked in Plecto.
You can see the number and list of your tracked employees both on the Settings page and the Billing page in Plecto. Go to Organization, then choose either Settings or Billing to view the number of employees you have been tracking on a single day for the current month and/or last month.
- If you go to the Billing page, you can see the number of tracked employees for this or the last month in the "License Usage" section. To see the full list of tracked employees, click on the green info button on the right of the tracked number.
An example of where to find the information on tracked employees on the Billing page in Plecto.
- If you go to the Settings page, you can see the number of tracked employees for this or the last month in the "Security, Usage & Limits" section. To see the full list of tracked employees, click on the green info button on the right of the tracked number.
An example of where to find the information on tracked employees on the Settings page in Plecto.
Note: The number of employees tracked for the current month should always be the same as the number of licenses included in your subscription.
- How do I change the number of licenses included in my subscription?
- How do I remove the warning message that prompts me to increase the number of licenses in my subscription?
If the number of licenses you are currently tracking in Plecto exceeds the number of licenses included in your subscription, you should upgrade your subscription. Please contact our Support team for additional help.
- Where can I see the price of each license and my current subscription?
If you are an existing customer, you can view the price for your current subscription and licenses under Organization > Billing in Plecto. If you are not yet a customer, you should contact our Sales team for more information.
- Do I have to buy a license for employees that are only viewing my dashboards?
Administrators and employees with login access can view the dashboards free of charge, provided that they are not being tracked in any data source. It means that they should not be associated with any data in Plecto. You should only purchase licenses for the employees you wish to track on your dashboards and reports.