Get the Plecto IoT box and connect your local network to Plecto.
The Plecto IoT box allows you to connect your local network to Plecto, enabling you to fully use our product and get recognized for achieving milestones or other reasons for celebrating. Play notification sounds through Sonos speakers or enable Philips Hue to create a colorful experience in the office.
Sonos is a wireless speaker system that is gaining fast popularity among businesses. Their easy setup makes it a great match with Plecto. The volume on Sonos is calculated automatically, but you have the option to override it. Currently, you can do the following with our IoT Sonos integration:
- Play sounds on a specific speaker
- Play sounds on a group of speakers
To connect your Sonos speakers to the Plecto IoT device, do the following:
- Connect to power and plug in the Plecto IoT device to the network.
- Connect to power and plug in the Sonos speaker or bridge to the same network as the Plecto IoT device. Now you will be able to select your Sonos device when adding a notification action to your notifications. The notification actions are visible in notification settings or when creating a new notification under Gamification > Notifications in Plecto.
- If you select "Play alarm on Sonos speaker," your Sonos device should appear in the drop-down.
Limitations to resuming playback after a notification
Sonos has changed the way music service account information is available. It means that currently, several music services will give authentication issues and limit playback.
In general, you can play and pause music on the Sonos speakers, but once a Plecto notification sound triggers, the speaker loses the connection with the original stream. It means that the speaker will not resume playing the music after the notification sound has been played. This issue persists with the following services: Google Play Music, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Spotify, Napster.
Philips Hue allows you to adjust the atmosphere in the office by offering a colorful experience. Connect Plecto to Philips Hue and change the color of your Hue lights to indicate achieved milestones, performance status, and more. Currently, you can do the following with our IoT Philips Hue integration:
- Permanently change the color of a light bulb
- Flash a color of your choice when a notification triggers
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.