A guide on how to create achievements in Plecto and reward your team for their success.
Did a sales rep reach their sales record? Is it somebody's birthday? Acknowledge your teams and employees for their success and performance with achievements. Give achievements both manually or automate them with notifications. Achievements appear next to people's names on table widgets on dashboards and slideshows.
- Go to Gamification > Achievements > + New achievement.
- Give the achievement a name and write a short description (optional).
- Choose one of the three achievement categories:
- Award – You can give out an unlimited number of awards to all employees in your organization. Here are some award examples: Big Sale, Received Positive Feedback, Target Reached.
- Membership – Each employee can receive one membership within the selected time period. A membership could be Top Performers' Club, Fitness Influencers, Book Club, or others.
- Record – This achievement can be given to one employee, one time within the selected time period. Employee of the Month could be one such achievement.
- Choose an icon.
- Choose if you want to show the achievement next to the employee's name.
- Select a time period. It determines for how long the achievement will be valid. For example, if you select Month, the employee will have their achievement during the current month, and it will reset the next month.
- Go to Organization > Employees.
- Find an employee you want to award an achievement and click on their name.
- Click Give achievement on the right of the employee page.
- You will see all the created achievements. Select one.
- Choose the time period during which the achievement will be valid.
- Click Save in the bottom-right corner.
Save time and automate the achievements in Plecto. Create a notification, and whenever it triggers, your employees or team will receive an achievement for their performance.
- Go to Gamification > Notifications > + New notification and set up a notification.
For more help, go to Notification based on a new or updated registration or Notification based on the result of a formula.
- Select Achievement as your notification action.
- Choose an achievement.
- Click Save to finish and create the notification.
Achievement time period
If an achievement's time period is set to Week and the notification triggers on a Wednesday, the achievement will last until Sunday and reset on Monday. The achievements are active during the current time period. To change an achievement's time period, go to Gamification > Achievements and modify the settings.
An example of adding an achievement as a notification action.
Testing after saving is not supported
Most notifications in Plecto allow you to save and test them. However, the Achievements notification action does not support this activity. If you were to test achievements, you would have to delete each achievement manually after giving them to your employees.
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.