A quick guide on how to display a slideshow on a TV and how to switch slideshows.
How to display a slideshow on a TV
In order to display a slideshow on your TV you need to do the following:
- Go to http://tv.plecto.com on your Smart TV.
- The TV will display four digits. This is your pin code.
- Enter the pin code on http://app.plecto.com/activate on your computer (see picture below), and in a few steps the screen is visible on your Smart TV:
Preview of http://app.plecto.com/activate
How to switch slideshows on a TV
If you would like to show another slideshow on a TV than the slideshow that is currently showing, you can deactivate the TV showing the slideshow, and activate it again with another slideshow.
This is done by doing the following:
- Login to Plecto using the login of the employee that has activated the TV.
- Go to your profile by clicking on the name of the logged in user in the bottom left corner.
- Click "x" on the TV you would like to deactivate and use for another slideshow.
- Click "Save".
- Go to tv.plecto.com and activate the TV with another slideshow as explained above.
We recommend using a modern and updated browser, e.g. Google Chrome or Safari, when viewing slideshows on a PC or when casting a slideshow to a TV.
We have tried different TVs, and the absolute best that displays the notifications without any issues is a LG 49UH610V. We've found that the native browser in LG TVs work the best.
Generally, we recommend newer LG models with minimum webOS 3.5.