Learn about the available data types and how to integrate your Zendesk Chat data with Plecto.
Import data directly from Zendesk Chat and create real-time dashboards and reports with your business metrics. For each data type you add, Plecto will create one data source in Data management > Data sources. Currently, you can import the following data types:
- Agent Timeline
Visit our Zendesk Chat integration page to find more detailed information on the available data types, update frequencies, custom field support, and more.
Step 1: Get the Client ID and Secret for Zendesk Chat
To integrate Zendesk Chat with Plecto, will ask for your Zendesk subdomain, Client ID and Client Secret. To obtain these credentials, follow the steps below. For more information, read Zendesk's help article on Zendesk Chat API.
- Log in as admin and go to Zendesk Chat > Account > API & SDKs.
- Click on Add API Client and fill out these fields:
Client Name (for example, Plecto)
Company (for example, the name of your company)
Redirect URLs: https://app.plecto.com/admin/data-sources/zendesk_chat/oauth/callback/
- Click the Create API Client button.
You should now see your Client ID and Client Secret. For security reasons, these credentials will only be fully displayed once. Therefore, keep this browser tab open until you can add them in Plecto. If you close the tab, you'll only see the first few characters next time you open Zendesk.
- Open Plecto in new tab and continue with step 2.
Step 2: Create your Zendesk Chat data sources in Plecto
- Go to Data management > Data sources > + New data source > Zendesk Chat.
- Enter your company's subdomain or full domain. You can find it in the URL when logged in to your Zendesk Chat account. The domain could look something like
mycompany.zendesk.com(subdomain is the first part of the full domain –
- Enter the Client ID and Client Secret.
- Click Next to continue.
5. Select the data types you want to import.
6. (Optional) Click the Advanced settings to change the data source title, default date field used in formulas, or other settings. You can access the settings also after you've created the data source.
7. Click Next to continue and import your data.
You have now connected your Zendesk Chat data to Plecto. To help you get started, Plecto imports a month's worth of data automatically. If you want to import more data, follow this guide: Manual Refresh and Import of Data.
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.