This small guide will get you started on connecting your web apps with Zapier in order to share data and visualize it in Plecto.
Setting up in Plecto
Before you begin, you will need to create a data source in Plecto:
- Go to 'Data management' > 'Data sources' > 'New data source'
- Select 'Custom Input' under 'Manual data entry'
- Write what kind of data you want to collect (e.g. Sales, Leads, Budgets)
- Design the registration box (optional). Here you can add fields to the registration box. You can add as many as you like - You need the same fields as what you have in your excel/Google sheet
- Click 'Save'
Example on how to set up and design the data source in Plecto.
After creating the data source in Plecto, simply go to 'New data source' in Plecto.
- Select Zapier under 'Other'
- Select the system in the list of zaps by clicking on 'Use this zap'
Setting up in Zapier
A new window will open in Zapier with a description of how this zap works. Click 'Create this Zap'.
2.1 Set up the Trigger
- Set up the 'Trigger': Click 'Continue'
- Connect Account
- Follow the steps by Zapier, and click 'Fetch & Continue'
- Choose your 'Trigger App', and follow the guide step by step described by Zapier
2.2 Set up the Action
- Set up the 'Action': 'Create New Registration'. Click 'Continue'
- Connect your Plecto account
- Set up your Plecto registration
- Fill out the template (Integration name, User ID, User Name, Data source, External ID). Use the list option to add a dynamic text
Please make sure that the template is filled out correctly
- Integration Name: Make sure to always write it the same way, if you use multiple zaps from the same 3rd party system, as we use the name to group the users together
- User ID: Employee ID, e-mail or a unique name/number of each employee
- User Name: The name of the employee
- External ID: A unique number for each registration, e.g. row number/ID
- You might have to click 'Refresh Fields' to show the custom field(s) you have created in you API data source in Plecto