A guide on how to get your Shopify data into Plecto so that you can start building performance dashboards and visualize your KPIs in real time.
For each data type you import, Plecto will create one data source. Find the list of data sources under Data management > Data sources. Our integration with Shopify currently allows you to import the following data types:
- Order Adjustments
- Order Lines
Visit our Shopify integration page to see the technical details, such as the update frequency, custom field support, and more.
Step 1: Get an access token from Shopify
To integrate Shopify with Plecto, you need to provide your Shopify subdomain and an access token.
To get the access token, you need to create a new app in your Shopify account. We'll tell you along the way where to find the subdomain. Here's how to create a Plecto app in Shopify:
1) Go to Apps > App and sales channel settings.
Your Shopify subdomain
You can find the subdomain in the top-left corner under the name of your shop. If your full domain is
example.myshopify.com, then the subdomain is
You will have to provide your subdomain in step 2.
2) Click Develop apps for your store > Create an app.
3) Enter an App name (such as Plecto) and select an App developer. Click Create app.
4) Click Configure Admin API scopes.
read_customers for the data type Customers and
read_orders for the data type Orders.
6) Click Save in the top-right corner.
7) Open the API credentials tab and click Install app > Install.
8) Shopify will generate an access token. Click Reveal token once to see your access token.
9) Copy the token and store it in a safe place in case you need to use it again.
10) Proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Create Shopify data sources in Plecto
- Go to Data management > Data sources > + New data source > Shopify.
- Insert your Shopify subdomain and access token.
- Click Next.
- Select the data types you want to import.
- (Optional) Expand the Advanced settings to change the data source title, default date field used in formulas, or other settings. You can access the settings also after you've created the data source.
- Click Next to continue and import your data.
Need help building formulas?
Read our help articles Introduction to the Formula Editor and How to Build a Formula.
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.