An overview of Salesforce's data types useful facts and tips & tricks.
Table of contents
Tips and Tricks
How to show account name on an opportunity
If you want to see the account name together with your opportunity in Plecto, the easiest way is to add a formula field on the opportunity in Salesforce.
This can be done in the following ways:
- 'Setup' > 'Customize' > 'Customise your Opportunities tab' > 'Add a custom field to opportunities'
- Scroll down and click 'New'
- 'Setup' > 'Objects' > 'Add a custom field'
Classic & Lightning
- Select 'Formula' as field type and click 'Next'
- Write Account Name in 'Field Label' and Account_Name in 'Field Name'. Select 'Text' as return type. Click 'Next'
- Using the advanced formula editor, click 'Insert field' and select 'Opportunity >' then 'Account >' and finally 'Account Name'. Click 'Insert'. Scroll to the bottom right and click 'Next'
- Leave the default option of 'Visible' on all profiles checked. Click 'Next' again.
- Unselect 'Add field' for every layout in the list and click 'Save'.