A guide on how to connect your SalesBinder account to Plecto.
For each data type you import, Plecto will create one SalesBinder data source and store it under Data management > Data sources. Currently, you can import the following data from your SalesBinder account to Plecto:
- Estimate items
- Inventory items
- Purchase orders
SalesBinder integration page
Visit our SalesBinder integration page to find technical information on the automatic data update frequency, custom field support, and more.
Step 1: Get an API key and subdomain from SalesBinder
You need to get credentials from SalesBinder before you can connect your account to Plecto. The credentials include an API key and subdomain.
- Open SalesBinder, then click in the top-right corner to open your profile.
- Click Generate New API Key.
- Copy the API key. You will have to use it when creating a data source in Plecto. Find more information about SalesBinder API in SalesBinder's knowledge base.
- Find your subdomain. You'll see the subdomain in the URL when you open your SalesBinder account. The subdomain in the following example is highlighted in pink:
Step 2: Create a SalesBinder data source in Plecto
- Go to Data management > Data sources > + New data source > SalesBinder.
- (Optional) Rename your credentials in the field Title.
- Enter your SalesBinder subdomain.
- Insert the API key you generated in SalesBinder.
- Click Next.
- Choose the data types you want to import to Plecto.
- (Optional) Click the Advanced settings to change the data source title, default date field used in formulas, or other settings. You can access the settings also after you've created the data source.
- Click Next to continue and import your data.
Looking for KPI inspiration?
Read our blog, visit our KPI library, or go to Plecto Store and see if there's something you like!
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.