A guide on how to integrate your Ringover data with Plecto.
For each data type you import, Plecto will create one data source and list it under Data management > Data sources. Currently, you can import the following data from your Ringover account to Plecto:
- Call logs
- Ringing calls – This data type only imports data through webhooks, which means that it will start importing data only after you've created the data source.
Ringover integration page
Visit our Ringover integration page to find technical information on the automatic data update frequency, custom field support, and more.
Step 1: Get an API key from Ringover
To create a Ringover data source in Plecto, you first need to generate an API key in your Ringover profile. Follow the steps below or follow Ringover's help guide to retrieve your key.
- Open Ringover in a browser tab.
- Go to the Developer page and click Create an API key.
- On the right, you should see your API key in the sidebar. Copy the key.
- Find the Rights column in the same sidebar. Ensure that all metrics have read access so that Plecto gets your data.
- You can move on to step 2, but don't close this tab – you'll need it in step 3.
Step 2: Create Ringover data sources in Plecto
- Open Plecto in a separate browser tab.
- Go to Data management > Data sources > + New data source > Ringover.
- Insert the API key you generated in your Ringover account.
- (Optional) Rename your credentials in the Title field.
- Click Next.
- Choose the data types you want to import to Plecto.
- (Optional) Click the Advanced settings to change the data source title, default date field used in formulas, or other settings. You can access the settings also after you've created the data source.
- Click Next to continue and import your data.
Step 3: Activate webhooks in Ringover
Since Ringover doesn't allow for automatic webhook activation, you'll have to do it manually. To activate the webhooks, do the following:
- In Plecto, go to Data management > Credentials and open your Ringover credentials.
- You'll have to find your credential UUID. The UUID is the alphanumerical string that makes the last part of the URL. The UUID in this example is highlighted in pink: app.plecto.com/admin/credentials/
- Copy the UUID and insert it in the following link: http://app.plecto.com/admin/data-sources/ringover_v2/
- Open the Developer page in Ringover.
- Find the section Webhooks and activate your webhook by enabling the button on the right.
- Take the URL you just prepared with your credential UUID and insert it in the following fields: Calls ringing, Calls answered, Calls ended, Missed calls, Scenario.
That's all! You've now connected your Ringover data source and successfully enabled webhooks, which means that Plecto will receive and update information from Ringover as it happens. 💪
Looking for KPI inspiration?
Read our blog, visit our KPI library, or go to Plecto Store and see if there's something you like!
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.