A guide on how to integrate Pardot with Plecto.
Once you connect Pardot with Plecto, you can choose what data types to import. For each data type you import, Plecto will create one data source and store it under Data management > Data sources. Currently, you can import the following data from your Pardot account to Plecto:
- Visitor Activities
Visit our Pardot integration page to find more technical details on the available data types, update frequency, custom field support and more.
Step 1: Create an API user in Pardot
To connect Pardot with Plecto, you'll need to provide an email, password and a user key. In this step, we'll show you how to get these credentials. You should create a separate API user for using Plecto. This way, your password and possibility to use API won't be removed once you enable Salesforce User Sync.
To create an API user, follow the steps below:
- Expand the menu by clicking the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner.
- Go to Admin > User Management > Users.
- Click + Add User.
- Give the user a name such as API Plecto.
- Add an email that's not used in Salesforce or Pardot. If your company can use emails with
+somethingparameter such as
email@example.com, you can use this nifty trick to create an API user. The email address appears to be original, but in reality all emails will be sent to
- Give the user an Administrator role.
- (Optional) Check or uncheck your email preferences.
- Click Create user.
- Ignore the prompt to create a CRM Username – it should be left blank (No CRM username set).
- Check your email and open the activation link to set a password for your new API user.
You have now created a new API user that you're going to use for Plecto. You can find all the necessary credentials under Admin > User Management > Users.
Step 2: Integrate Pardot with Plecto
- Go to Data management > Data sources > + New data source > Pardot.
- Fill out the credential form with the API credentials you created in step 1.
- Email – add the email of the API user you created in step 1.
- Password – enter the password you created for the API user.
- User key – enter the API User Key.
- Choose the time zone that matches the time zone set in your Pardot account.
- Click Next.
- Select the data types you want to import to Plecto.
- (Optional) Click the Advanced settings to change the data source title, default date field used in formulas, or other settings. You can access the settings also after you've created the data source.
- Click Next to continue and import your data.
Looking for KPI inspiration?
Read our blog, visit our KPI library, or go to Plecto Store and see if there's something you like!
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.