A guide on how to integrate your Nextcom data with Plecto.
For each data type you import, Plecto will create one data source and list it under Data management > Data sources. Currently, you can import the following data from your Nextcom account to Plecto:
Where to find technical details?
Visit our Nextcom integration page to find the technical details, including the available data types and their update frequency, custom field support, and more.
Step 1: Create an API user in Nextcom
To get your Nextcom data into Plecto, you need a username and password. To get these credentials, you first need to create an API user in Nextcom. Only admins in Nextcom have access to enable the API. If you're an admin, here's what to do:
- Open Nextcom, then go to Developer > Database / API.
- Click Create user.
- Copy the username and password and store it someplace safe.
Copy the password
Whenever you create a new API user, the password is only displayed once. Make sure to copy the password – you will have to use it when adding a Nextcom data source in Plecto. If you lose the password, you can reset it, in which case you will have to refresh your credentials in Plecto.
Step 2: Create a data source in Plecto
- Go to Data management > Data sources > + New data source > Nextcom.
- Enter your Nextcom username and password, then click Next.
- Select the data types you want to import.
- (Optional) Expand the Advanced settings if you want to change the data source title, default date used in formulas, the employee field, or other settings.
- Click Next to finish and import your data.
Looking for KPI inspiration?
Read our blog, visit our KPI library, or go to Plecto Store and see if there's something you like!
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.