A quick guide on how to connect Mailchimp to Plecto.
An example of a Mailchimp dashboard.
Be aware: This integration is currently available as beta feature in Plecto.
Import data directly from Mailchimp and create custom dashboards for your marketing data. You can connect Mailchimp to Plecto and create metrics within the following data types:
- Audience: Also known as a Mailchimp list, this data source contains data about your contacts.
- Audience growth history: Allows viewing a summary of the month-by-month growth activity for specifically selected audiences.
- Campaigns: Contains information on how you send emails to your Mailchimp list/audience. Use this data source to track campaigns in your Mailchimp account.
- Reports: Contains data on clicks, opens, subscribers' social activity, e-commerce data, and more.
- Unsubscribes: Contains information about Audience members who unsubscribed from a Campaign.
To connect Mailchimp to Plecto:
An example of where to find the "+ New data source" button in Plecto.
- A list of integrations will open. From there, select the Mailchimp integration.
- In Step 2, Plecto will ask you to type in your Mailchimp subdomain. A subdomain comes before the main domain in a URL. It is the first part of your full Mailchimp domain. For example, for "us7.mailchimp.com," the subdomain is "us7" and the main domain is "mailchimp.com."
- To continue, click "Next" in the bottom-right corner.
An example of step 2 in connecting Mailchimp to Plecto.
- You will be redirected to Mailchimp's authentication application where you will have to log into your Mailchimp account. Insert your username and password, then click on "Log In."
An example of Mailchimp's authentication page.
- Click "Allow" to allow Plecto to access your Mailchimp account.
An example of Mailchimp's authorization page.
- Once you have allowed access to your Mailchimp account, the website will redirect you back to Plecto. From here, select the data types you want to import to Plecto.
- To continue and import your data, click "Next."
Congrats - you have now connected your Mailchimp account to Plecto! Find the list of your data sources in Data management > Data sources, or go to KPI management > Formulas to start building your KPIs.