A guide on how to connect Aircall to Plecto and display your call KPIs on real-time dashboards.
Out of the data types listed here below, Plecto will create one data source for each data type you import. You can find the list of data sources under Data management > Data sources. Here are the data types you can currently import from Aircall:
- Agents – All calls are linked to call agents that have previously been in contact with the same phone number. Importing this data type will help you know who the incoming call should (or could) be redirected to.
- Calls – Get real-time data for your incoming, outgoing, and missed calls.
- User events – This data type is based entirely on webhooks. Automatic imports don't apply. Whenever you add this data type, your data source will initially be empty and will start getting registrations whenever webhooks in Aircall update.
💡 Note on Aircall Calls
As of November 2022, the Calls data type has a new field – Talking time. It means that the data source now contains both a Duration field and a Talking time field. Here's how they're different:
Durationfield shows the total call duration from
Talking timeshows the conversation duration from
Streaming data types
Instead of adding data sources, storing data and building formulas to see your metrics, you can stream KPIs directly from Aircall on your Plecto dashboards. The streaming data types allow you to see the following metrics:
- Calls in queue
- Longest waiting time in queue
Here's all you need to know about Aircall's streaming data.
Integration technical details
Visit our Aircall integration page to see the technical details, such as the update frequency, custom field support, and more.
Step 1: Add phone numbers in Aircall
We fetch your data from Aircall both through automatic imports and with webhooks. Automatic imports run once every 1 hour, whereas webhooks update your data sources instantly.
To ensure that everything updates in real time in Plecto, it's important that you add in Aircall all the phone numbers you want to track. If you don't add the numbers in Aircall, your data sources in Plecto will update only once an hour (and the data you stream directly from Aircall is not going to be accurate).
Here's how to add phone numbers in Aircall. Read more in Aircall's guide.
- Log in to Aircall as an admin.
- Navigate to Integrations & API > My Integrations and open Plecto.
- Click + Add numbers in the section Connected numbers. Add all the phone numbers you want to keep track of in Plecto.
- Once you've added all numbers, click Confirm to finish.
- You can now move on to step 2.
Step 2: Connect Aircall with Plecto
- Open Plecto.
- Go to Data management > Data sources > + New data source > Aircall.
- Click Next and log in to your Aircall account.
- Click Authorize to give Plecto read access to your Aircall data. You will be redirected back to Plecto.
- Decide what data types you want to import.
(It's not possible to import Known/Custom and Streaming data types all at once. Choose either the one or the other, then repeat these steps to add the missing data types)
- (Optional) When you have selected your data types, you can adjust the data source title and other parameters in the advanced settings. You can change the data source settings also later on once the data sources are created.
- Click Next to finish and import your data.
Plecto subscribes to the following events in Aircall webhooks:
Start building your formulas
Find the list of data sources in Data management > Data sources, or go to Formulas to start building your formulas. For more help, go to Introduction to the Formula Editor or How to Build a Formula.
Was this article helpful?
Please leave a comment to help us improve.